Welcome to Year 5 Rossetti Class
Sports Day 2021
Our classes took part in Year Group Sports Day events this year. You can see photos of the Rossetti Class events here and the files are also available below for you to download. Click on the thumbnails to see the pictures in more detail.
Welcome to Year 5 Rossetti class
In Year 5 we are often called upon for extra roles and responsibilities in school, being in upper KS2, especially when Year 6 isn’t around!
As Year 5 pupils, we have the opportunity to spend time with our Year 1 buddies. We share stories with them, play games where we have to read the instructions and do art and craft activities encouraging them to develop their reading and speaking and listening skills. This also gives us the chance to improve our reading across a variety of texts and to share books with different audiences.
Learning at home
In class 5, you can support your child’s learning by:
- Practising daily reading and comprehension skills; this could be discussing the text, looking at the layout and features relating to that particular genre or just sharing a good book. Asking children questions about the book is extremely important for developing a deeper knowledge of what they are reading.
- Keeping on top of the times tables, once the facts are mastered, can they be recalled in any order and at speed? Children can access different times table activities on Times Table Rockstars.
Homework will set on Seesaw.
Please ensure that your child has their plimsolls or trainers in school for PE days.
Thank you for your continued support.
Our learning - Autumn term 2020
You can see some photos here of our learning this half-term
- English - acting out our mystery story.
- History - organising Victorian key dates and events on a timeline.
- Science - designing our own parachute to have the greatest air resistance.
Click on the thumbnails to see the pictures in more detail.