Welcome to Year 4 Lear Class
Welcome to Lear Class
Welcome to Lear class - our teacher is Miss Chamberlain. In Year 4 the children are encouraged to become more independent in their learning cross-curricular, whilst developing their previously learnt skills as well as embedding new skills and knowledge.
The curriculum is taught with a variety of methods and with opportunities for the children to work in different groups, pairs or individually.
Learning in Year 4
During the year we will be learning about a wide range of topics such as:
- Autumn term (first half): ‘What have the Romans done for us?’ The focus will be History and Geography where the children will be learning about the Romans and how they have had an impact on our country.
- Autumn term (second half) ‘Bright Sparks’. The learning focus for this half term will be electricity together with developing DT skills and knowledge.
- Spring term: ‘Invaders’. We will be learning about the Vikings, Anglo-Saxons and Scots. In English, the children will be writing an adventure story containing historical characters and events.
- Summer term: ‘A Taste of India’. The children will be learning about contrasting cultures, with a focus of life in India. We will also be learning the production of food; including farming, local produce, traditional dishes and famine as well as looking at charitable organisations who fund raise and support.
Supporting your child’s learning at home
At home you can continue to support your child by:
- Sharing the enjoyment of reading through daily reading opportunities, discussing the text, features, characters and identifying similarities between books previously read, whilst also developing comprehension skills through questioning and explanation of unfamiliar words.
- Regularly practise times tables – both multiplication and divisional facts through games, verbal recall in any order and online resources such as Times Tables Rockstars.
Year 4 Homework
Homework is set once a week on Fridays - please complete by Wednesday each week.
PE and swimming
PE for the Autumn term will be on a Monday and Thursday. Please ensure your child has their PE kit in school on these days. Earrings must be removed, so if your child isn't able to do this independently, please ensure that they are not worn on PE days.
Thank you for your continuing support.