Home Farm Primary School aims to support learners to meet life’s challenges and offers opportunities to develop potential. We:
- Provide a caring and secure environment;
- Encourage independence in thought and action so that learners develop self-confidence and self-esteem;
- Promote tolerance, empathy, trust and respect;
- Challenge our learners to learn, persevere, take risks and achieve and celebrate success.
We have an Equality Plan which sets out our commitment and approach to equalities. The ethos of the school is based on mutual respect and consideration for others. In accordance with this ethos, we pledge:
- to respect the equal human rights of all our pupils;
- to educate them about equality; and
- to respect the equal rights of our staff and other members of the school community.
We assess our school practices and implement all necessary resulting actions in relation to:
- religion or belief;
- socio-economic background;
- gender and gender identity;
- sexual orientation; and
We work to promote community cohesion at school, local, national and global levels, comparing our school community to its local and national context and implementing all necessary actions in relation to:
- religion or belief; and
- socio-economic background.
Our Equalities Plan sets out details of how we reflect our commitment to equality in relation to teaching and learning; the curriculum; the provision of guidance and support; behaviour and attendance; our partnership with parents and pupils, admissions and premises. It also includes our Accessibility Plan.
Our Governing Body publishes an annual statement on equalities - you can read the latest annual statement below.